Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Procrastination Reigns - The Future of Twenty Twelve


Weekly Planner by MissMegShop on Etsy

Most people begin each year with a
new set of rules. Resolutions they promise to themselves that they will keep this year for sure

I don't keep them and really who does? Usually I don't even make them. (According to a 45 second internet search the percentage of people who keep to their resolutions is only 15%.) Frankly, I would think the number would be a lot less. 

This year I had a couple of things in the back of my mind. Unspoken resolutions, goals, vague concepts of change.These were (uh, are) mostly business related self propositions. Here are a few:

1. Use the letterpress for more than just greeting cards. Make landscape prints and artwork. - I just started today!

2. Start a Blog and stick to it. - Doing it right now.

3. Stop procrastinating. - Yeah right. Why do I set my self up to fail?

4. Work more productively. - Ties into #3

Now here we are, the day after Valentine's Day and I feel as though I really haven't done that much this year. Not according to the vision of Twenty Twelve I had dancing in my head. But there is always hope. I promise to put myself on a tighter schedule. To practice effective blocks of production. Focus on one task for a specific period of time. Watch less Law & Order: Criminal Intent.  No, I'm not kidding. 

The day is long I can get more done than I do. These are big baby steps to my success. 
Come on. This is going to be so much fun. 

So Cheers to you 2012. 
I will do right by you. 
Eventually.


 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment