Monday, April 02, 2012

Faster Than The Speed Of Light

Just a quick note to let all (eh, um six) of you know that I haven't forgotten about ye old blog. I've just been printing a lot and working hard on getting the new catalog ready and new cards in the Etsy shop. I've also been doing some letterpress printing for Paper Rock Scissor, an invitation studio in Minneapolis. I love them.

You know what I've also been loving lately? No, not Pinterest. Well, yes. Pinterest. But that's not what I was going to say.

The band Wilco. I've been listening to their new/not so new record "The Whole Love" - I must confess I haven't heard any of their new work for a long long long time.

I used to listen to them A LOT in the mid-1990's. And I was a huge fan of Uncle Tupelo. I guess I got into some other stuff and put Wilco aside for awhile. Until the other day when I saw this really REALLY bad parallel parking job. My husband and I were sitting in front of a restaurant sipping some Rosé and waiting for a table. And in front of us was this exploration in parking that was really REALLY special. When it was all said and done I was singing in my head a little song from Wilco called "I Must Be High". The next day I gave that record a listen. Then I moved on to the new record. Needless to say, I have a lot of catching up to do. One could say it's like finding out about a new/old band. You have an entire catalog of music to dive into. So I've been diving. Diving and Printing.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like good entertainment. Watching the bad parking, I mean.

    ReplyDelete